Freelance photographer with strong experience in computer applications for studio & office complemented by knowledge of daily office management and experience with commercial photo shoots.
Creative Director, Zoa Chimerum Jewelry, New York, NY — Summer 2012 - Current
Creative troubleshooting and providing elegant solutions to running an art jewelry business.
- Produced and edited fashion editorials and product shots for publication as primary photographer for Zoa Chimerum Jewelry.
- Coordinated scheduling models, make up artists, secondary photographers, stylists and secured locations and props.
- Researched past/current fashion trends and assisted in developing successful new designs and styles for market growth.
- Maintained social media accounts for targeted campaigns and new product testing, created content to gain followers.
Studio Assistant, Gray Scott Studio, New York, NY — Summer 2008 - Winter 2012
Trained in office and commercial photography demands of a fashion photography studio.
- Attended photo shoots and tended to the needs of the photographer, staff, and clients.
- Assisted the Studio Manager in maintaining and organizing a digital and printed photo archive and print media collection.
- Updated and researched client contact database, tracked project budgets in FileMakerPro.
- Helped research art history and pop culture for story ideas and visual inspiration for projects as instructed by the Art Director.
Intern, International Center of Photography, New York, NY — Fall/Winter 2006
Provided services to students and guest lecturers and standardized internal processes.
- Documented student and class registration processes and created a handbook used by interns and staff.
- Maintained student files and databases for courses and mailing lists; analyzed class roster data and validated student schedules.
- Mentored new interns.
- Processed bills and invoices, purchased supplies; acted as liaison to Finance Department.
- Assisted in the daily operation of the Education office, answered phone inquiries and correspondence; processed outgoing mail.
School of Visual Arts, New York, NY — On-Camera Flash Lighting, Fall 2013
Massachusetts College of Art and Design, Boston, MA — BFA in Photography with Honors, 2005
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston, MA — Consortium classes, 2003-2005
Boston Latin School, Boston, MA — HS, 2001
Exhibitions and Awards
Honan-Allston Library Art Gallery, Boston, MA — Freedom, group exhibition, 2016
Harvard University’s Harvard Allston Education Portal, Boston, MA — Epic, group exhibition, 2014
Massachusetts College of Art & Design Auction, Boston, MA — 2013, 2012, 2005
Massachusetts College of Art & Design Grad Auction, Boston, MA — 2012
Project Parlor, Brooklyn, NY — Unnaturalize (Solo Show), 2012
Panopticon Gallery, Boston, MA — Instant Connections: Polaroid themed group exhibition, 2011
Chashama Gallery, New York, NY — Suckers and Biters group exhibition, 2008
Photoworkshop.com Digital Imaging Competition, Honorable Mention 2006
- Technical agility in both Windows & Macintosh Systems.
- Applications: Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Microsoft Office, monitor color correction, FTP programs, iLife, iWork, Bento; knowledge of Aperture, Adobe Illustrator, Dreamweaver, WordPress, FileMakerPro, InDesign, Flash MX & basic actionscripts. Some experience with Final Cut Pro.
- Digital photography processing/editing and printing.
- Black/white and color film processing and printing.
- 4x5, 2 1/4, 35mm film cameras.
- Event / Art Documentation photography.
- Alternative photography processes (tintypes, cyanotypes, vandyke brown.)
- Art education, grades 6-12.
Gray Scott Photography, New York, NY
Abelardo Morell (Photographer), Boston, MA
International Center of Photography, New York, NY
Contact information available upon request.